Monday 20 April 2009

Yee Ha - I get to swim!

Today was an important day...............my first swim for 2 weeks, following the skin cancer cut out off the arm. I did enjoy a serious hit out in the pool for a couple of kms, but am now a bit short on speed, after a two week lay off.

BUT......methinks it will be short lived. I had an important phone call today......the small innocous mark on my upper chest, just below the midpoint of the left clavicle is a nasty squamous cell carcinoma, and I need to go back to have more interaction at the "Casuarina Charcuterie".

They need to be sure that all bits are removed, so there will be a serious incision to remove the other bits close to the edges......tomorrow, shortly after the stitches are removed from the first round of incisions!

Hopefully, the time out of the water will only be a few days this time.

No comments: