Saturday 1 January 2011

The Christmas Wishlist

Yes, many people have one.

With fantasy, flair and farflung thoughts a Christmas wishlist needs to be innovative, far reaching but with the odd easy and low cost item to allow for those without extensive budgets to be accomodated.

Mine had for many years a new expensive roadbike with bells and whistles on the list. Something that probably I needed to actually specify very accurately.......and I did! BUT....it was a lot of $$$, even very seriously many $$$, and even more in the Pacific peso, as it was then called, the $ Australian. It never appeared, and thoughts strayed to more sensible items.

The Aussie dollar is now worth around parity with the US $, and yes, I have a NEW BIKE!!! The two items are only partially related though......my son sort of talked me into it after he and his wife unveiled new serious road bikes at Christmas. I did not need much convincing though, with good bike prices somewhat more reasonable now, as well as carbon fibre frames a little less expensive overall.

It is a serious road bike with a carbon fibre frame and good componentry. But I have yet to give the bike a decent road work out.

The bike shop was doing a great business in bikes........and I even met a colleague from Darwin [now in Brisbane] also buying a new bike......tis the new bike season!

All the weather has done is RAIN since Christmas. In both Brisbane and Darwin. Maybe tomorrow, maybe it will get a workout!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ride carefully!