Thursday 23 June 2011

Bike Helmets Reduce Injuries - Latest Research

It seems as if a long argument finally has a solution - wearing a bike helmet does actually reduce injuries for bike riders.

Rarely has an issue evoked as much debate.........with staunch advocates for both wearing and not wearing a helmet.

I have split a helmet in half after an accident caused by a dog hitting the bike at around 50km/hr, after which my head hit the ground first- and not suffered head injuries so I am more pro use than not. I am sure a helmet saved my skull.........and as a family there was rarely much debate by the kids over wearing a helmet while biking after that incident.

Most serious bike riders seem pro helmet use, with more support for not using one in the itinerant bike riding group I think.

However.........read more here:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/06/23/3251272.htm

And...... wear a bike helmet while riding.......it might just save your head.

No comments: